Sharing the screen on ipad and iphone with teamviewer
With the release of TeamViewer quicksupport app for iOS for iOS 11, it is now possible to share iOS screen via TeamViewer. This allows technical supporters to provide best possible support for iPhone and iPad users as they can see exactly what’s happening on the device screen and can guide users better on solving issues on their device remotely.
The following requirements are a must for you to be able to use this feature:
- The iOS device (iPhone or iPad) running iOS 11.
- The latest updates for the TeamViewer QuickSupport app on the iOS device should are installed.
- TeamViewer 8 or later installed on the device you want to connect with for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, or iOS devices.
Initial steps tobe done to start a screen sharing session remotely:
- Download and install the TeamViewer QuickSupport app for iOS on the iPhone or iPad you want to connect to. The app can be found in the AppStore for iOS or by clicking.
- Download and install TeamViewer on Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, or iOS to connect to the device
Steps to follow in order to use iOS screen sharing for remote support.
On the iOS device
– Open the QuickSupport app
– Tab the Share screen button
– Follow the instructions on the initial setup
*Leave the QuickSupport app
*Open up Settings
*Go to Control Center > Customize Control
* Add Screen Recording to be displayed in the Control Center
– Go back to the QuickSupport app
– Open up the Control Center (swipe up bottom of screen)
– 3D touch (iPhone S6 and above) or press and hold the screen recording icon
– Select TeamViewer 1 and tab Start Broadcasting 2. Screen is now ready to be shared and you can switch back to the QuickSupport app
– Share the TeamViewer ID displayed. You will be notified as soon as the supporter will connect and need to allow access
On the supporting device
- Open TeamViewer full version on Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, or iOS
- Enter the TeamViewer ID 1 from the iOS device and click Connect to partner 2
The remote partner will receive a connection prompt
If accepted, you can see the screen of the device and are able to guide the iOS user on how to solve issues in the device