Mama Money South Africa

Mama Money is a money transfer service that allows transfers from South Africa to Zimbabwe, Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, India and Nigeria.

To register for Mama Money is easy:-

You can register at any Pep Store Nationwide.

All you need is to walk into a Pep Store outlet with your passport or asylum papers or South African ID.
Tell the person at the till that you want to register for Cross Border, Mama Money.
He/she will ask you to giver your passport or asylum papers or SA ID for scanning, after which Pep will take a photo of you.

Lastly you will be given a till slip to sign after which you will wait for Mama Money Activation SMS

You can also register online or through agents in Gauteng, KZN and Western Cape.

To register through Mama Money Agent, you need the following documents:-

Proof of Identity
– Official Passport or ID
– Green-Bar Coded ID
– Asylum Papers
– Refugee Papers
All documents should be valid and not expired

Proof of Address

The document must clearly state your name and residential address!

Any of the below, not older than three months:
– Utility Bill
– Bank Statement
– Municipal Rates or Tax Statement
– Telephone or Cellular Statement
– Insurance Policy
– Statement of Account from Retail Store
– Police Affidavit
– Mama Money Affidavit (stamped by Commissioner of Oaths)

Any of the below, not older than one year:
– Lease
– TV License
– Motor Vehicle License

Expired photocopies not accepted

Tagged with: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,