You can do a sim swap by get a new card and still keeping your existing MTN number.
Lost or damaged your existing SIM or you need to exchange your sim for a smaller MicroSIM or NanoSIM to fit in your new device?
No worries! you can get a new number. You can do a MTN SIM swap and still keep your old number, whether you’re on Prepaid or Contract.
As new devices and phones sometimes use SIM cards that are different to the SIM card in a starter pack, you can switch from one SIM card type to another.
Where to SIM swap – You can switch SIM cards:
- At any MTN Store
- By dialling 135 and speaking to an agent
- Via SMS
SIM swap via SMS
- SMS Swap from your current contract SIM card to 44770.
- Wait for the OTP.
SMS SwapNew SIM number*OTP# to 44770
- The SMS should look like this: Swap0831234567*4567#
- Once your old SIM card stops working, put in your new SIM card and switch it on
- Your device is now ready to use with your new SIM card.
-> You don’t need to RICA for a new contract SIM card if you’re an existing customer.
-> You only need to get your new contract SIM card from an MTN Store.
-> Your new SIM number is located on the SIM card pack.